Le 03/09/2012 13:02, Peter a écrit :
On 03/09/12 05:10, Jay Michael wrote:
My program was terminating with no runtime error message. When run in gdb, gdb told me it terminated with exit code 52 (I think octal).
I had a Range Check Error. In gdb, I see that _p_RangeCheckError calls _p_RuntimeError. Then, _p_RuntimeError has code that might call _p_RangeCheckError. I didn't trace further -- gdb suddenly becomes unable to single-step, says "Unable to set breakpoint number -37". (The specific number changes if I keep trying to single-step. It's always negative.)
I don't know how much better it would have been, but shouldn't _p_RuntimeError have been compiled with range checking suppressed?
(I've found source for RangeCheckError and RuntimeError. I can't find source for CString2String -- is it an intrinsic function? It seems to have been inline coded in RuntimeError.)
_______________________________________________ Gpc mailing list Gpc@gnu.de https://www.g-n-u.de/mailman/listinfo/gpc
Mine is in gpc-bp.pas
function CString2String (Str: CString): TString; begin CString2String := StrPas (Str) end;
No, Cstring2String is an intrinsic function in gpc. See e.g. the test file fjf1001.pas: CString2String is understood without any unit used. gpc-bp.pas is an help unit to facilitate the gradual conversion of an old BP program to a new gpc program. See the comment at the beginning of the unit. Maurice -- Maurice Lombardi Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire de Physique, (ex Spectrometrie Physique) Universite Joseph Fourier de Grenoble, BP87 38402 Saint Martin d'Heres Cedex FRANCE Tel: 33 (0)4 76 51 47 51 Fax: 33 (0)4 76 63 54 95 mailto:Maurice.Lombardi@ujf-grenoble.fr