Adriaan van Os wrote:
gp replaces --automake (and --automake will disappear in the future) so there is no point in passing --automake (and --no-automake is the default for gpc anyway).
More precisely, GPC's default is autolink, and --no-automake also implies --no-autolink, so it does make a little difference (though it should not with -c which gp usually passes).
I applied all the recent patches to gp but with no success on this particular problem.
I am puzzled. Is this reproducable somehow ? Or what does Frank say about it ?
I'd also need a reproducible case. All I can say is that I successfully compile with gp project that use {$L foo.c} directives. BTW, you do use a different base name for Pascal and C files (e.g. foo.pas and fooc.c)? Using the same base name would result in object files of the same name, and so cannot work.
The "diff" command line tool produces diff files (type "man diff" for the manual), e.g.
diff -u gp.pas.orig gp.pas > gp.mypatch.diff
I'd like to stress the `-u' option. The default output format (without this option) is less well suited. `-c' instead of `-u' is also acceptable, though IMHO less readable, so we use it only when compatibility to various versions of patch is required (some of which don't understand `-u' format diffs). Frank -- Frank Heckenbach, frank@g-n-u.de, http://fjf.gnu.de/, 7977168E GPC To-Do list, latest features, fixed bugs: http://www.gnu-pascal.de/todo.html GPC download signing key: ACB3 79B2 7EB2 B7A7 EFDE D101 CD02 4C9D 0FE0 E5E8