Russ Whitaker wrote:
- I really don't know what you did with czz, but if the string czz did creep into the table in the executable, you probably have inserted it within a quoted string or something (unlike my CPP macro). If you send me your file with these changes, I can perhaps find out what the problem is ...
Attached is a gzip copy of a virgin gpc.c, copied from the 20010317 release.
Below is two diff files: The first is an *exact* reproduction of what I did. The second is in case you want to try it yourself and you are *not* using gcc-2.95.x
Well, you try to use the macro inside the quoted strings like I assumed. As I said (and I think you also pointed out), this does not work. To get macro substitution, you have to put it outside of strings. And, again, that's exactly what I did in 20010409, so I still claim this version is correct, except for the placement of the defines. Frank -- Frank Heckenbach, frank@g-n-u.de, http://fjf.gnu.de/ GPC To-Do list, latest features, fixed bugs: http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~gnu-pascal/todo.html