Grant Jacobs wrote:
Having installed gpc 2.1 and tried compiling a "hello world" type program, it fails on the linker:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
I've installed gpc 2.1 (20020510) based on gcc-2.95.3 (20010315) from a binary installation.
Did you get the "-with-gcc" binary? (The one without will only work if you have the exactly matching GCC version already installed -- unlikely in this case).
I've already tried a naive hack of putting a link to the libgcc.a that's several levels down in the /usr/lib/gcc-lib hierarchy in /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib to no avail.
I'm thinking of installing the newer version rather than mucking around further. Would one of the newer (beta) version fix this issue?
Should be independent of this issues, but of course, it fixes a number of bugs on the Pascal side. (And it contains some incompatible changes, esp. the `external' syntax, so if you start something new, it seems better to start with the new version, lest you'll have to convert things later when upgrading.) Frank -- Frank Heckenbach, frank@g-n-u.de, http://fjf.gnu.de/, 7977168E GPC To-Do list, latest features, fixed bugs: http://www.gnu-pascal.de/todo.html GPC download signing key: 51FF C1F0 1A77 C6C2 4482 4DDC 117A 9773 7F88 1707