Growingly desperate on the one side, embarrassed on the other side, but since I want to transfer a couple of long programs to GPC, I fear I have to persist: There is continuing problem with the CRT unit. These are the data I have: 1. I am working with Cygwin (currently version 1.5.5-1 2. Via the Cygwin install-setup you can add ncurses to the installation. That is what I did. I now find on my machine e.g. /usr/include/ncurses/ncurses.h ... and /usr/src/ncurses-5.3-4 3. There is even a /bin/ncurses-test-dll/ncurses.exe test program, and this works fine. 4. I installed the gcc-gpc combination, together with cygwin. I find gpc 'based on gcc 3.3.1'. When trying a test-program, having uses GPC, CRT; and going for gpc --automake the GPC unit compiles well, but the CRT unit provides problems. The actual problem start with the message /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.1/units/crtc.c:135:18: term.h: no such file or directory and then a list of approximately 20 lines of error messages, I guess, all going back to this one line. Changing to gpc --automake -DUSE_NCURSES ... does not make any difference. Also the PDCurses attempt, installing only binaries, wasn't succesfull. Can somebody help here? Grateful to you all. Paul Prof A Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) wrote:
On 8 Dec 2003 at 20:10, Paul.Igodt wrote:
Referring to my earlier messages, and the help from Frank, who was telling:
The CRT unit needs a curses library (ncurses oder PDCurses). I suppose you haven't installed one, or there's an installation problem with it (probably one of the first errors is something like "curses.h not found" -- unfortunately GCC outputs a lot of IMHO rather useless following messages resulting from the missing file).
If you have installed curses, perhaps another Cygwin user can help you better.
I tried to install PDCurses for my Cygwin set-up.
I think compilation of PDCurses sources was succesful. At least, after compilation, I am getting a whole list of *.o files in my installation directory, which I named PDCurses, inside my $HOME
Get this file: http://www.gnu-pascal.de/contrib/chief/win32/cygwin/pdcurses-2.6-cygwin.tar....
Change to you "/" directory, and unpack the archive. When you compile a program using the Crt unit, you should supply "-DUSE_PDCURSES" at the command line.
Best regards, The Chief -------- Prof. Abimbola A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief) web: http://www.bigfoot.com/~african_chief/
-- |----------------------------------------------------------------------- |Paul G. Igodt Tel. (+32)(0)56 24 61 37 |Professor in Mathematics Fax. (+32)(0)56 24 69 99 |K.U.Leuven Campus Kortrij E-mail: Paul.Igodt@kulak.ac.be |Departement Wiskunde Homepage: http://www.kulak.ac.be/~igodt |Etienne Sabbelaan 53 Olympiad: http://www.vwo.be/ |B 8500 Kortrijk (Belgium) Math Self Assessment: http://www.usolvit.be |-----------------------------------------------------------------------