vanam srihari kumar wrote:
I am compiling my code with gpc 2.1 version on solaris 8.0 platform and using the 'ld' linker. Below is the dump I am getting in linking stage
linking ld: Software Generation Utilities - Solaris Link Editors: 5.8-1.285 Undefined first referenced symbol in file __ashrdi3 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/2.95.2/libgpc.a(sets.o) __floatdidf slaveac.o __ashldi3 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/2.95.2/libgpc.a(sets.o) __fixtfdi pasmath.o __floatditf /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/2.95.2/libgpc.a(math.o) ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
Please suggest me as what to be done
Try compiling with gpc, adding the -v (verbose) option and look with options it adds when calling the linker, and then use the same options. BTW, I don't think you have told us why you need to make things so complicated for yourself, and not link via gpc. Frank -- Frank Heckenbach, frank@g-n-u.de, http://fjf.gnu.de/, 7977168E GPC To-Do list, latest features, fixed bugs: http://www.gnu-pascal.de/todo.html GPC download signing key: ACB3 79B2 7EB2 B7A7 EFDE D101 CD02 4C9D 0FE0 E5E8