Okay, got it; thanks to Emil Jerabek and Frank Heckenbach (though Frank quoted an e-mail from a CBFalconer that I don't seem to have received. I have another question, though, if nobody minds. This should start a new thread, but I loathe wasting space in an e-mail message (enough space is wasted by my .sig :D) Anyway, while coding, I noticed that: AnObject.AFunction := RETURN_CODE; resulted in an error during compilation (with no parameters to gpc, except file.pas, -o file and -Wall), but: Self.AFunction := RETURN_CODE; compiles cleanly. I was wondering if I'm using Self here as I should; RTFM'ing wasn't much help (`Self' is still under construction), and Google wasn't very helpful on this, either. I know what Self does on other OO languages; was wondering if it's basically the same here. TIA. -- - Neil Santos Freelance Programmer & Web Designer - - http://nsantos.f2o.org/ Free Software advocate - -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.12 GAT d+@ s+:+ a? C++++ UL*++++ P++ L++ E--- W+++(--) N-- !o !K w(++) !O M-- V? PS++ PE-- Y++ PGP+ t* 5-- X- R++ tv+ b++>+++ DI+++ D--- G e>+++++ h r++ y? ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------ Please avoid sending me attachments encoded in secret formatting. See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html